This 42-page e-book succinctly captures what every single lady/guy should know before getting married. Although, targeted at the unmarried; married people can also read it to correct whatever mistakes they may be making. As the saying goes, “ it’s never too late to make it right”.
In this review, I’ll be sharing with you the lessons I learnt.
- The journey to “I do” begins with me.
Okay, so it’s not enough to desire a successful marriage, I have a part to play in ensuring its success.
- My single days present me with a great opportunity to invest the most into my relationship with God.
Dear single one, there are lots of things you can do now that you may have constraints doing when married. Not because you’re unwilling to but because there will be other people to consider in your decision-making. If you haven’t started investing in your spiritual bank account, it’s time to begin!
- My single time is likened to quarrying a stone. It’s time to get properly shaped in order to fit well with another stone.
- Learn to be a peaceful somebody (lol). As the author rightly puts it, “Nobody wants a contentious partner.” If you’re not praying along this line already, it’s time to include it: “Lord, send me a man/woman of peace and make me a peaceful person.”
- Locate your vision and be able to communicate it with utmost clarity. God is not the author of confusion. He will not give you a spouse whose vision doesn’t match yours or one whose vision can’t be a subset of a greater set.
- The testing of your faith usually multiplies in marriage. Personal faith is a non-negotiable factor in your walk with God. Similarly, your potential spouse must share your faith. Dear single brothers, the Biblical model for a family still has the man as the priest of the family. Take your spiritual place and quit leaving the woman as the spiritual head of the home.
The book ends with an inexhaustive check-list of what to look out for in a potential partner.
- A Christian with proofs.
There are several “Christians” today, each one with his/her definition but here the author refers to one with proofs.
- One who understands God’s intentions for marriage.
- The one who will enhance your destiny (a value-adding partner)
Who’s ready to add some weapons to his/her arsenal? About walking down the aisle? Partner not yet in sight? Just preparing myself or you’re already married? I’m sure you’re no longer in doubt as to whether or not it’s a good read. Did I mention it’s absolutely free. Download yours here read on the move or in your quiet time. Share what you’ve learnt in the comment section.