“I really want to tell others about Jesus, but I don’t know what to say.”
Can you relate?
Hello Amazing One,
Thank you for stopping by. What other inhibiting lines have you heard or said when it comes to telling others about Jesus?
“It’s not really my thing.”
“I find it hard starting off such conversations.”
“People may look at me funny, and think I’m trying to push my belief down their throats.”
The list goes on and on. Even though soul winning demands a lot of intentionality, it is not half as difficult as we think it is. In today’s post, I’ll be sharing some practical soul winning/ evangelism nuggets I’ve learnt over time from an Apostle of soul winning- Bishop David Oyedepo.
Bishop Oyedepo is the president of Living Faith Church worldwide. One of the scriptures he lives by is Matthew 6:33. It states, “But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.” He is an avid believer in the soul winning commandment. Here are some pointers he’s repeatedly shared:
- Never speak with anyone without praying for them. Soul winning is 100% a spiritual exercise.
- Don’t go quoting scriptures at your target. He/she may have no idea what you’re talking about.
- Ask to pray with him/her. You’d hardly find anyone who can pass on this offer, especially when it’s genuine.
- Ask the Holy Spirit for the right words.
- Share your testimonies. Let your target know what God has done for you. That’s a good place to begin.
Remember, the Holy Spirit is the only one who convicts and converts. The next time you want to speak to someone about Jesus, please put these steps to practice. These are not cast in stone, but it may be helpful.
Don’t feel constrained in any way, let the Holy Spirit do His thing. At the end of the day, it could be your kind gesture or smile that sets the tone for the conversation.
I hope this has blessed you.