Hello Amazing one,
Trust you are well, and your week has been awesome? This review is based on our current read on the 1nebody book club, Becoming a Leader by Myles Munroe. In this post, I share my key takeaways from Chapters 1-12, which we have read so far. Please come along.
There’s been a long-standing debate on whether leaders are born or made. In this book, Dr Munroe puts the subject of leadership in clearer perspective. He states that everyone born in the image and likeness of God is born to lead, but becoming a leader is learned. Interestingly, you could be occupying a leadership position, yet know nothing about leadership. Here are some leadership nuggets you could apply:
- We are not all the same, but we are all leaders in our own unique ways.
- There is a leader in everyone waiting to be released.
- There are two ways to discover the leadership purpose that God put inside you- 1) learn it 2)experience it
- In the words of John Quincy, the sixth President of America, “If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more and become more, you are a leader.”
- The greatest and most important aspect of leadership is inspiration.
- True leaders make themselves increasingly unnecessary.
- We are leaders to the extent that we can inspire others to join us in fulfilling our vision.
- To become an effective leader, you must earn the trust of others.
- Leadership values the unique styles and skills of each person who contributes to the whole.
- The highest form of government is self-government.
As with any resource from Myles Munroe, this book is insightful and practical. It’d be great to have you join our next book club meeting on 30th July 2022. It commences at 7 pm (WAT). You could also purchase the book here.
We look forward to discussing the last few chapters with you.
God’s blessings always,