I trust the week has been an amazing one. For today’s review, we will be looking at a sermon on decisions by Dr Charles Stanley.
One thing we all can’t escape from is making decisions. We all make decisions, good and bad. But, who do you go to when you need to make a decision? Who do you trust in your family or circle of friends to help you make the right decisions? The preacher explained that we need the fear of the Lord to make wise decisions because it means we are dependent on him for everything. He says we need a plan to make any decision and he identified this decision-making plan as follows:
- Clear your heart of any known sin because sin introduces confusion. You can do this by asking God to reveal anything that is going to hinder you from hearing his truth. You must confess your sins and repent from them
- Bring your desire to a position of neutrality: This is wanting what God wants for you
- Be patient: There is nowhere in the bible that gives the time and dates God will answer a prayer. God’s pauses are important in his plans for our lives. Waiting on God is not going ahead of God to fix your problem yourself. God knows when you need an urgent answer, God knows when you can wait for an answer, and he knows when you can’t.
- Be alert to pressure: There is external pressure, be careful who you listen to and there is internal pressure, the one you put on yourself.
- Persist in prayer even when you don’t have the answer or direction
- Rest in God’s promise, the word of God. The word of God filters our minds from all the noise
- Wait for his peace
When God does not answer the way we want him to, he is teaching us to trust him that he has heard us even when there is no sign of it. In conclusion, Dr. Charles identified that the most important decision we will make in our lives is;
- Make God the saviour of our lives and
- Follow him every day
You can listen and watch the sermon here and make these decisions today if you haven’t.
God bless you,
Leave a Reply